GRE not required to apply for the Graduate Certificate.
Graduate Certificate Requirements
The HIA Graduate Certificate is a popular starting point for individuals interested in potentially continuing to the M.S. degree. All credits earned in the Graduate Certificate can be applied to the requirements for the M.S. degree.
In addition to the general requirements for admission to UNC Charlotte’s Graduate School, the following are required for the Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics and Analytics:
- A bachelor’s degree, or it’s equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university in computer sciences, health sciences, information systems, or a closely related field to Health Informatics and Analytics.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 (based on a 4.0 scale) on all previous coursework completed beyond high school
- An online application through the Graduate School’s application system
- A statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts of all attempted college coursework
- Optional – Resume or CV
- Please visit the Graduate School’s admission website and create an account. Then, follow the application instructions.
- Current Health Informatics Certificate students interested in continuing to the M.S. in Health Informatics and Analytics can qualify for a GRE Waiver if they maintain a 3.5 GPA after completing six course-credit hours.