The Health Informatics and Analytics program leverages its position within the School of Data Science and capitalizes on the strength of its partner colleges, the College of Health and Human Services and the College of Computing and Informatics, to prepare national and international students to advance the professional practice of health informatics through a thorough grounding in data science, system architecture, and health analytics.
M.S. Health Informatics and Analytics Degree Requirements:
- 36 graduate credits hours (12 courses) are required to earn a M.S. HIA degree
- 6 credit hours of foundational core courses
- 12 credit hours of required core courses
- 6 hours of selected courses
- 6 hours of restricted elective courses
- 3 credit hours of an internship/practicum course
- 3 credit hour capstone course
- A full-time student (9-12 credit hours/3-4 classes per semester) can complete the program in roughly 15-18 months.
- A part-time student (3-6 credit hours/1-2 classes per semester) can complete the program in approximately 24 months.
- More information about the degree requirements and courses is detailed in the Course Catalog.